Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The WAT and the WAG

When I talk about my plans, about the third question I get is the WAT question.

"What About Tom?"

I have gotten the timing down with all the aplomb of a stand up comedian and his punch lines.  Wait for it, wait for it --

"What about Tom?"

Yes, what about Tom?  He's fine.  He's supportive.  He's validating.  He's also wondering, like the rest of us, where my life is headed!  LOL  But if I have anything to say about it, he'll be right there with me.   If I ask him he just says, "I just want you to be happy."  I mean, how great is that?

But seriously?  I'm considering having a shirt made that reads, "What about Tom?!"   (And then there is "What about Lem?"  Oh wait - nevermind...)  Probably, though, instead of a shirt, I should have a button made, so I can wear it every day.

And then there is the WAG.

"What about Greta?"

Greta is my 12 year old Weimaraner who weighs about 70 pounds.


My answer to WAG is a shrug.  As long as she is with me, and has a window to look out, she'll be fine. I do not, however, see me carrying her up and down my bedroom loft ladder like Dee does in her tiny house video.*  We were in a second floor apartment together when she was a very high energy puppy, and if we survived that - trust me, we can survive anything.

It isn't as though she runs laps in my house now - and we do go on multiple walks a day.  So... she'll be fine.

* http://youtu.be/3MlMVqRYQB4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.