Friday, February 22, 2013

Trip in Review: Feb. 15th

I'm going to try to catch my blog up - I'm just back from a tiny house week in California!  I should have brought my laptop along.... is that the justification I'm looking for to purchase a Mac?  Sigh.  Probably not.

So, I flew out on Friday, February 15th  My flight was at 6 a.m. - painfully early - but at the time that I booked it, I had plans set up for the day and wanted to get there as early as I could.  With the time zones, it was challenging!  My taxi picked me up at .... 4:45. I was amazed at how many cars were on the road at that time... what are people doing??

But alas, it turns out that even that wasn't early enough.  I arrived at 5:20 for a 6 am. flight and was told it was too late to check my luggage.  In a haze, I agreed to take a later flight.  In the mystery of air travel, I still arrived about the same time as I would have on the original flight.  I didn't examine the details - didn't care - but I suppose something about my Phoenix lay over (I use that term loosely since it involved sprinting) made that happen.

I got there, rented my car (heated seats!) found some coffee and hit the road for the city of Sonoma, California.  I was stunned by the beauty.  There really are vineyards  e v e r y w h e r e....

After about 90 minutes of a close relationship with my GPS I found Tumbleweed Tiny House Company and burst into their lobby:  "Is this the famous Tumbleweed Tiny House Company?!  I have traveled from Dallas to see you!" 

Although my visit didn't pan out exactly as planned, it was great fun to lay eyes on the place, and meet everyone whom I had read about online.  They were all so friendly and gracious. 

Later in the day, Pepper took me on a tour of her place, where she builds small houses for her company, "Bungalows to Go."  I was amused to note that as the roads got narrower, more hilly and we wound through redwoods, the faster she drove.  I kept driving slower, because my nose was pressed against the window... She truly lives in an enchanted forest.  She and her family were so gracious to spontaneously give me a chunk of time on a Friday evening.  Thank you Pepper & Dylan!

Pepper had to back my rental out of her driveway for me - but assured me that she has to do that for everyone the first time!

I got back on the road at dusk, and headed for my Inn in Sebastopol.  So exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.