Friday, March 1, 2013

A Need for Lists

I am a chronic list maker... and I'm getting to the point where I think I need a list of the lists that I need to make!  Does that ever happen to you? 

Lists empower me.  They give a sense of control, because I feel my work is laid out for me in an orderly fashion.  And they give a sense of accomplishment when I can cross something off.  Sometimes I even add things to the list after I do them, just so I can cross them off!  Yes, I admit it...  If I can't sleep at night, sometimes it's just a matter of jotting out a list to empty my brain, and then I can go back to sleep.

Off the top of my head --

Lists I need to write:

1)  Components that I want to have on my (to be designed) website
2)  Daily activities that I do at home, to facilitate the interior design of my tiny house;*
3)  Plan of attack for lining up a place to do my construction;
4)  Tasks regarding zoning and code for tiny houses within the city limits;
5) Contacts for tiny house community locations
6)  Ideas of how I could make money if I go on the road  (Legal, moral, fulfilling - !)
7)  Make a rough materials list from my construction plans

And then I have a general list of things I want to do --
1)  Take more stuff to Goodwill.
2)  Adjust my desk space at home to make it more appealing that my couch**
3)  Teach myself to play the recorder
4)  Experiment more with essential oils to learn more about them
5) Contact my local neighborhood freebie magazine about doing an interview


I'm sure that as soon as I hit, "Publish" for this post I'll think of additional items I should have included...

And these days, I'm sporting a hot pink splint on my ring finger - due to a twisted ligament (band name alert!) and so, well, my typing speed has dropped dramatically.  Inopportune timing...



* I've chosen my house and purchased my construction plans!  I'll be posting on that soon...

**  Which I currently have on Craig's List, so perhaps that issue will resolve...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.