Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guest Bloggers

One of the many pieces of the Thousand Oaks build that I am excited about is the interaction that I will have with the students.  

When I was in school, we had a required shop class - but nothing beyond that - certainly not a construction class - that I loved.  My whole life path may have changed if I had been exposed to construction!

When I volunteer with Habitat, one of things I really enjoy is meeting the family who is going to live in the house, and asking them about their dreams for the house.  Now the shoe is on the other foot for me - I'm the one dreaming about the new house! 

I will likely fly out to LA a number of times during the build and see what's happening with my little house.  And I expect that in between times we will Skype, and there will be a lot of photos and hopefully some video taken as well.  But another piece that I am hoping for is that I really hope the students will want to be guest bloggers here.  I am so interested to hear what they think about the project, and what they hope to get out of it.  I'm excited to hear and see their ideas about design - interior and exterior - and to have that exchange about how it all fits together.

I would have been over the moon as a student to have had the opportunity to be a part of something so unusual - and from what I understand the students are excited about it.  I can't wait to hear about it from their point of view.

Along those lines, if any of you are interested in writing an entry as a guest blogger, I would love to hear from you!  Friends, family, anonymous readers... What do you see, from the outside of my adventure looking in?  Is it something you'd want to do?  What part of it either intrigues you or makes you uncomfortable?  Has reading about it here caused you to think about things in your life differently?  Do you have any questions for me?  It doesn't have to be a 7 paragraph post - make it whatever you have to say about all of this craziness...

Also -- I'm in the process of drafting content for a website that I will launch this Spring - there is so much that I want to include that it's hard to get my head around it all!  But one of the pieces I plan to have is an interactive forum for an exchange of design ideas.  Fortunately for me, my best girlfriend owns and runs a really phenomenal company that does web design and social media/marketing and she is going to design my site for me!  I just need to get her the material for it so they have a place to start.  Tag on me.

How about it?  Guest blogging anyone?  Please email me!

It's going to be AWESOME


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.