Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Making Preparations

[Note:  If you are looking for the "Tiny House on the Move" post, please click here  here   or just scroll down.  It's the next post.]

In anticipation of my house arriving TONIGHT, I moved my shop stuff and all my tools out to the site this morning.  A HUGE thank you to my friend Kelley for helping me.

I rented a UHaul van...



And of course $19.95 really means $40 plus a dab of fuel.  Still a good deal, but you know.  And when the guy at the counter rang up the rental, it was for $80.  I said, "Okay, so how did $19.95 end up being $80?"

His reply:  "That includes a deposit."

Me:  A long, blank stare.  "You're having me pay a deposit of less than $100 for an entire VAN? Okay, dude, if that's what you do...  Where do I sign?"  (I mean, c'mon - what is a few dollars really doing to do if I take off with the van?  What's that rationale?)

ANYWAY, we loaded it up - tons of extra room, drove out to the site...



and started unloading...
 


I was pleased that the keys I had made yesterday worked!   I have extra room in my shed:










We had the van back to the rental counter in less than the allotted time.  We could be professional movers if we chose to.  (We do not.  But we could.)

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I love feedback.